How to get there
By car or long distance bus
Turin is well connected to the main Italian and European cities by long distance bus lines. If you intend to arrive in Turin by car, you can take the following highways:
- A4. From Milan and Venice (six-lane toll motorway).
- A5. Torino-Aosta from Chamonix-France or Martigny-Swiss (four-lane toll motorway).
- A6. Torino-Savona from Nice-France (four-lane toll motorway).
- A21. Turin-Piacenza from southern Italy (four-lane toll motorway).
- A32. Turin-Frejus from Modan-France or Briancon-France (four-lane toll motorway).
Please, note that access to the car in the center of Turin, where is the ECCO 2019 venue, is forbidden to vehicles not licensed and equipped with active cameras 24h. Please note that if you use a GPS navigator does not always take into account any lanes or pedestrian areas.
Arrival at Torino Porta Nuova or Torino Porta Susa railway stations: Turin is a very important railway junction, especially for fast connections throughout Italia and part of Europe on the Lyon-Paris line with the trains Frecciarossa, Italo and TGV. If you arrive in Turin by train, you can take a taxi or a local bus to the meeting venue.
Arrival at Turin airport: Torino Caselle, also known as Turin International Airport Sandro Pertini, is located 16 kilometers northwest of the city centre. A shuttle bus will take you from Caselle Airport to the city centre in about 45 minutes. Alternativelly, you can take a taxi from the airport. The fare is approximately €35 each way; extra charges may be applied for night tariff and pieces of luggage (non-negotiable).
Arrival at Milan Malpensa airport (130 km from Turin):
- SOLUTION A: take the bus lines SADEM to Turin. This bus will take you to Turin city centre (both Torino Porta Susa and Torino Porta Nuova railway stations). From there, you can take a taxi or a local bus.
- SOLUTION B: take either the MALPENSA SHUTTLE PULLMAN bus service or the MALPENSA EXPRESS train from Malpensa Airport to Milano Centrale railway station. From there take a train to Torino Porta Nuova or Torino Porta Susa. From there, you can take a taxi or a local bus.
Arrivals at Linate airport (160 km from Turin):
Take the AIR BUS LINATE-CENTRALE bus from the airport to Milano Centrale railway station. From there, take a train to Torino Porta Nuova railway station, and finally a taxi or a local bus to the meeting venue.
Arrivals at Orio al Serio airport (180 km from Turin):
Take the bus from the airport to Turin or Milan railway stations.